Thursday, April 24, 2008

I hate molars!

That's it, I've had it with teeth! First my own have decided to deteriorate for the first time in 20 years. I have a cavity in one of my bottom molars. This forces me to face my greatest unreasonable fear: the dentist. I seriously get panic attacks at night thinking of the drilling and needles and scraping. Ugh.

And now, Mr. Hayden has decided it would be a good time to get some of his own molars. For those of you with toothless kids, count your blessings. Molars suck. My baby who used to sleep through the night peacefully is now getting up at all hours to scream and chew and gnaw on various parts of my body (hands, nursies, cheek, whatever piece of skin he can slip between those razor teeth). These days I feel like he's living on Motrin and I'm running on fumes. All I want to do right now is go back to bed. Just a few hours of uninterrupted sleep please!

Molars suck. Give me a self-refilling shark smile any day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do suck I agree and am very thankful I am almost done with them! The first are the worst and then it gets better. Actually, sorry to say the eye teeth were way worse than the molars and I think so neat that our little Hayden is choosing his own tooth order :)

Anonymous said...

Lorazepam for the dentist... seriously, get a ride in and take some lorazepam.

Eye teeth were worse than molars for me.

Kate