Thursday, May 15, 2008

Event Planner Math

1 Event planner
- 3 nights of sleep
+ 450 guests at an all-day multimedia laced meeting
/ by 1 little boy who was the last kid to be picked up at daycare one day last week
x many tears from mama thinking of said boy having to have as long a day as mama did
+ 9 hours of an almost flawless meeting
x 1 incredible guest speaker who had the whole audience in stitches
= 1 completely mentally and physically exhausted mama.

I did it, it was a great success. But dear lord, I'm glad I don't have to do it again until next year. Tomorrow, I'm playing hookie to make up lost time with Hayden. We're going to the zoo with Gran, Na (Auntie Ang) and Jeej (Gage). I figure watching a bunch of monkeys throw poop will make a great transition from work to weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.