Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pregnancy log - part three

And the bliss turns to bleh...

February 9, 2009
And so it begins…up until this weekend, I’ve had nausea, but it’s been manageable. I felt crappy but was still able to do what I needed to do in a day. This Saturday, I was hit with a whole new level of nausea. I felt like any movement, morsel of food, or even thought of eating could send me over the edge. I spent most of Saturday in bed, nibbling on toast. Sunday I felt slightly more human, but still really horrible. Today I again feel like I’m on the edge. I’m sitting at my desk just thinking about how awful I feel.

My lovely sister gave me two Diclectin at about 9 this morning. She recognized that haunted nausea look that she herself wore for weeks on end. My stomach is gradually settling and I’m feeling a little sleepy so I think it’s starting to work.

I may just ask the midwives if they can write me up a prescription for the truly awful days. MotherRisk confirms that there are no risks associated with taking it (it’s really just vitamin B6 and an antihistamine in a slow-release pill) and it has been prescribed for over 30 years without incident. Although I hate taking anything while pregnant, I still have to be a good mother to Hayden. And I can’t do that if I can’t get myself off the couch.

Soon enough this will all be behind me and I’ll have a gorgeous little life in my arms to show for the misery. I can’t wait.

No comments: