Sunday, April 10, 2011

Perception is everything

My pastor came to visit me this week to talk about Libi. Being relatively new to our church, I was looking forward to getting to know Mark on a more personal level. I hoped that perhaps he would pray for our family and maybe give me some answers as to why these things happen. What I didn't anticipate was his ability to completely change my way of thinking and in one hour advance my healing more than I've done in two weeks.

Mark told me that he believes that pregnancy is the bridge between the physical world and the spiritual world. It's such a special time for the mama because she's the only one who truly knows and connects with this new soul for nine whole months.

He told me that he believes that when a baby passes in utero or shortly thereafter, that soul is not lost. He or she does not head back to heaven to spend the rest of their days. That soul just waits patiently for another chance to cross into the physical world. He told me to think about my losses not as seven lost babies, but seven times that this soul has attempted to join our family. He said this must be a very tenacious soul who knows that for some reason, the timing is not quite right.

I can't tell you what this change in view has done for me. I no longer feel that I have seven dead babies in my heart. Instead, I feel almost a peace knowing that Libi will one day return in huggable form. I feel encouraged to continue our efforts to grow our family (in time). If this little soul has tried so hard to enter our world, the least I can do is open the door one more time.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

That is such a special way to look at it. And your pastor has such a amzing view in things. I completely agree with him. He actually made me look at things completely different too.
HUGS

Anonymous said...

You are blessed to have a pastor that is willling and able to share such wonderful views with you. Such a soul is worth waiting for.

becky said...

i was also told this by a friend during one of my losses between ocean and pearl...and i had had one loss before ocean...i thought of them as they waited, patiently, to come cuddle me and it always warms my heart to no end...